Mindful eating is eating with intention and attention. It allows you to become aware of the positive and nurturing opportunities that are available through food selection and preparation by respecting your inner wisdom. It involves paying attention to the experience during eating and drinking, both inside and outside of the body.
- Healthier food choices
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps illuminate common uncomfortable digestive complaints by being present to indications like bloating, heartburns and constipation
- Creates healthier relationship with your food and diet
- Increased enjoyment of food
Master the art of mindful eating by:
- Being fully present in the moment. Stop multitasking at meal times. Savour the food.
- Eating slower, and chewing thoroughly.
- Paying attention to your thoughts as you eat
- Paying attention to the colours, smells, textures, flavours, temperatures, and even the sounds of your food.
- Noticing the experience of your body: Where in your body do you feel hungry? Feeling satiated? Fully satisfied?