A caring and supportive student community.
Care. Share . Grow
To promote a culture of care and support and facilitate social integration among students through initiatives and programmes.
Integrity, Trust, Respect, Ethics
- has attended or will attend training in peer support/helping skills
- has studied in SIM for at least one semester
- has at least one more year to completion of studies
- has the passion for making a difference in the lives of others
- possesses traits of an effective peer helper
- is committed and responsible
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend training in peer helping skills and personal development
- Provide support to peers in need
- Be the eyes and ears to students who are in distress/need help and be the bridge between the latter and the counsellor
- Befriend and provide support to new international students in their transition and integration to life in Singapore and SIM
- Be available at the Student Wellness Centre
- Initiate interaction among new and senior students
- Help new international students transit smoothly into life in Singapore and SIM
- A structured network of support for students in distress
- Inspire the development of friendships and community across nationalities and culture
- Foster and expand peer networking that can lead to professional development opportunities
- Offer opportunities for senior students to acquire leadership and mentorship abilities
- Opportunities to make a difference in the lives of fellow students
- Development opportunities – personal and leadership development
- Networking opportunities
- Learn or sharpen cross-cultural skills and cultivate global mindsets
- Develop peer helping skills which include critical soft skills such as communication, perspective taking and relational skills
- Certificate of Contribution as an SIM Peer Mentor/ Testimonial
Be a SIM Peer Mentor
If you would like to share your experience and provide support to fellow students in need, you might consider becoming an SIM Peer Mentor.
If you are interested, do send an email stating so to firstname.lastname@example.org.